1. Dixon AJ, Dixon MP, Askew DA, Wilkinson D. Prospective study of wound infections in dermatologic surgery in the absence of prophylactic antibiotics. Dermatol Surg 2006;32:819-27.
2. Dixon AJ, Dixon MP, Dixon JB. Randomized clinical trial of the effect of applying ointment to surgical wounds before occlusive dressing. Br J Surg 2006;93:937-43.
3. Dixon AJ, Dixon MP, Dixon JB. Prospective study of long-term patient perceptions of their skin cancer surgery. J Am Acad Dermatol 2007;57:445-53.
4. Dixon AJ, Dixon MP, Dixon JB. Bleeding complications in skin cancer surgery are associated with warfarin but not aspirin therapy. Br J Surg 2007;94:1356-60.
5. Dixon AJ, Dixon MP, Dixon JB. Skin surgery to the ear risks increased bleeding complications - a prospective study. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2008.
6. Dixon AJ, Dixon MP. Reducing opposed multilobed flap repair, a new technique for managing medium-sized low-leg defects following skin cancer surgery. Dermatol Surg 2004;30:1406-11.
7. Dixon A, Dixon JB, Dixon MP. Reducing Opposed Multilobed Flaps Results in Fewer Complications Than Traditional Repair Techniques When Closing Medium-Sized Defects on the Leg after Excision of Skin Tumor. Dermatol Surg 2006;32:935-42.
8. Askew DA, Wilkinson D, Schluter PJ, Eckert K. Skin cancer surgery in Australia 2001-2005: the changing role of the general practitioner. Med J Aust 2007;187:210-4.
9. St Peter SD, Pera M, Smith AA, Leslie KO, Heppell J. Wide local excision and split-thickness skin graft for circumferential Paget's disease of the anus. Am J Surg 2004;187:413-6.
10. Bisson MA, Dunkin CS, Suvarna SK, Griffiths RW. Do plastic surgeons resect basal cell carcinomas too widely? A prospective study comparing surgical and histological margins. Br J Plast Surg 2002;55:293-7.
11. Cuono CB, Ariyan S. Versatility and safety of flap coverage for wide excision of cutaneous melanomas. Plast Reconstr Surg 1985;76:281-5.
12. Smeets NW, Krekels GA, Ostertag JU, Essers BA, Dirksen CD, Nieman FH, Neumann HA. Surgical excision vs Mohs' micrographic surgery for basal-cell carcinoma of the face: randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2004;364:1766-72.
13. Malhotra R, Huilgol SC, Huynh NT, Selva D. The Australian Mohs database, part I: periocular basal cell carcinoma experience over 7 years. Ophthalmology 2004;111:624-30.
14. Smeets NW, Kuijpers DI, Nelemans P, Ostertag JU, Verhaegh ME, Krekels GA, Neumann HA. Mohs' micrographic surgery for treatment of basal cell carcinoma of the face--results of a retrospective study and review of the literature. Br J Dermatol 2004;151:141-7.
15. Kimyai-Asadi A, Goldberg LH, Nemeth A, Friedman PM, Jih MH. Mohs micrographic surgery for elliptical excision of skin tumors: a surgical and histologic study. Dermatol Surg 2004;30:1310-7; discussion 1317-8.
16. Breuninger H, Schaumburg-Lever G. Control of excisional margins by conventional histopathological techniques in the treatment of skin tumours. An alternative to Mohs' technique. J Pathol 1988;154:167-71.
17. Turner RJ, Leonard N, Malcolm AJ, Lawrence CM, Dahl MG. A retrospective study of outcome of Mohs' micrographic surgery for cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma using formalin fixed sections. Br J Dermatol 2000;142:752-7.
18. Sterry W, Ruzicka T, Herrera E, Takwale A, Bichel J, Andres K, Ding L, Thissen MR. Imiquimod 5% cream for the treatment of superficial and nodular basal cell carcinoma: randomized studies comparing low-frequency dosing with and without occlusion. Br J Dermatol 2002;147:1227-36.
19. Geisse J, Caro I, Lindholm J, Golitz L, Stampone P, Owens M. Imiquimod 5% cream for the treatment of superficial basal cell carcinoma: results from two phase III, randomized, vehicle-controlled studies. J Am Acad Dermatol 2004;50:722-33.
20. Marks R, Gebauer K, Shumack S, Amies M, Bryden J, Fox TL, Owens ML. Imiquimod 5% cream in the treatment of superficial basal cell carcinoma: results of a multicenter 6-week dose-response trial. J Am Acad Dermatol 2001;44:807-13.
21. Bhatia N. Imiquimod as a possible treatment for keratoacanthoma. J Drugs Dermatol 2004;3:71-4.
22. Eklind J, Tartler U, Maschke J, Lidbrink P, Hengge UR. Imiquimod to treat different cancers of the epidermis. Dermatol Surg 2003;29:890-6; discussion 896.
23. Schon M, Bong AB, Drewniok C, Herz J, Geilen CC, Reifenberger J, Benninghoff B, Slade HB, Gollnick H, Schon MP. Tumor-selective induction of apoptosis and the small-molecule immune response modifier imiquimod. J Natl Cancer Inst 2003;95:1138-49.
24. Bargman H, Hochman J. Topical treatment of Bowen's disease with 5-Fluorouracil. J Cutan Med Surg 2003;7:101-5.
25. Jury CS, Ramraka-Jones VS, Gudi V, Herd RM. A randomized trial of topical 5% 5-fluorouracil (Efudix cream) in the treatment of actinic keratoses comparing daily with weekly treatment. Br J Dermatol 2005;153:808-10.
26. Marmur ES, Schmults CD, Goldberg DJ. A review of laser and photodynamic therapy for the treatment of nonmelanoma skin cancer. Dermatol Surg 2004;30 Suppl 2:264-71.
27. Rhodes LE, de Rie M, Enstrom Y, Groves R, Morken T, Goulden V, Wong GA, Grob JJ, Varma S, Wolf P. Photodynamic therapy using topical methyl aminolevulinate vs surgery for nodular basal cell carcinoma: results of a multicenter randomized prospective trial. Arch Dermatol 2004;140:17-23.
28. Kuflik EG. Cryosurgery for skin cancer: 30-year experience and cure rates. Dermatol Surg 2004;30:297-300.
29. Giuffrida TJ, Jimenez G, Nouri K. Histologic cure of basal cell carcinoma treated with cryosurgery. J Am Acad Dermatol 2003;49:483-6.
30. Nordin P, Larko O, Stenquist B. Five-year results of curettage-cryosurgery of selected large primary basal cell carcinomas on the nose: an alternative treatment in a geographical area underserved by Mohs' surgery. Br J Dermatol 1997;136:180-3.
31. Kokoszka A, Scheinfeld N. Evidence-based review of the use of cryosurgery in treatment of basal cell carcinoma. Dermatol Surg 2003;29:566-71.
32. Tromovitch TA. Skin Cancer; Treatment by Curettage and Desiccation. Calif Med 1965;103:107-8.
33. Werlinger KD, Upton G, Moore AY. Recurrence rates of primary nonmelanoma skin cancers treated by surgical excision compared to electrodesiccation-curettage in a private dermatological practice. Dermatol Surg 2002;28:1138-42; discussion 1142.
34. Jih MH, Friedman PM, Goldberg LH, Kimyai-Asadi A. Curettage prior to Mohs' micrographic surgery for previously biopsied nonmelanoma skin cancers: what are we curetting? Retrospective, prospective, and comparative study. Dermatol Surg 2005;31:10-5.
35. Johnson TM, Tromovitch TA, Swanson NA. Combined curettage and excision: a treatment method for primary basal cell carcinoma. J Am Acad Dermatol 1991;24:613-7.
36. Buntine JA. "Elliptical" excision and suture. Med J Aust 1969;2:449-50.
37. Abdel-Fattah AM. Local skin flaps in reconstruction following excision of basal cell carcinomas of the cheek and temple. J Surg Oncol 1982;21:223-9.
38. Nguyen TH. Staged cheek-to-nose and auricular interpolation flaps. Dermatol Surg 2005;31:1034-45.
39. Maruyama Y, Nakajima H, Kodaira S. Primary reconstruction of perineal defect with a bilobed myocutaneous flap: case report. Br J Plast Surg 1980;33:440-4.
40. Shiba K, Iida Y, Numata T. Ipsilateral full-thickness forearm skin graft for covering the radial forearm flap donor site. Laryngoscope 2003;113:1043-6.
41. Robinson JK, Dillig G. The advantages of delayed nasal full-thickness skin grafting after Mohs micrographic surgery. Dermatol Surg 2002;28:845-51.
42. Zagrodnik B, Kempf W, Seifert B, Muller B, Burg G, Urosevic M, Dummer R. Superficial radiotherapy for patients with basal cell carcinoma: recurrence rates, histologic subtypes, and expression of p53 and Bcl-2. Cancer 2003;98:2708-14.
43. Gollnick H, Barona CG, Frank RG, Ruzicka T, Megahed M, Tebbs V, Owens M, Stampone P. Recurrence rate of superficial basal cell carcinoma following successful treatment with imiquimod 5% cream: interim 2-year results from an ongoing 5-year follow-up study in Europe. Eur J Dermatol 2005;15:374-81.
44. Silverman MK, Kopf AW, Grin CM, Bart RS, Levenstein MJ. Recurrence rates of treated basal cell carcinomas. Part 1: Overview. J Dermatol Surg Oncol 1991;17:713-8.
45. Silverman MK, Kopf AW, Grin CM, Bart RS, Levenstein MJ. Recurrence rates of treated basal cell carcinomas. Part 2: Curettage-electrodesiccation. J Dermatol Surg Oncol 1991;17:720-6.
46. McKinnon JG, Starritt EC, Scolyer RA, McCarthy WH, Thompson JF. Histopathologic excision margin affects local recurrence rate: analysis of 2681 patients with melanomas < or =2 mm thick. Ann Surg 2005;241:326-33.
47. Zogakis TG, Essner R, Wang HJ, Turner RR, Takasumi YT, Gaffney RL, Lee JH, Morton DL. Melanoma recurrence patterns after negative sentinel lymphadenectomy. Arch Surg 2005;140:865-71; discussion 871-2.
48. Rutkowski P, Nowecki ZI, Zurawski Z, Dziewirski W, Nasierowska-Guttmejer A, Switaj T, Ruka W. In transit/local recurrences in melanoma patients after sentinel node biopsy and therapeutic lymph node dissection. Eur J Cancer 2006;42:159-64.
49. Rodriguez-Vigil T, Vazquez-Lopez F, Perez-Oliva N. Recurrence rates of primary basal cell carcinoma in facial risk areas treated with curettage and electrodesiccation. J Am Acad Dermatol 2007;56:91-5.
50. Cook JL, Perone JB. A prospective evaluation of the incidence of complications associated with Mohs micrographic surgery. Arch Dermatol 2003;139:143-52.
51. Amici JM, Rogues AM, Lasheras A, Gachie JP, Guillot P, Beylot C, Thomas L, Taieb A. A prospective study of the incidence of complications associated with dermatological surgery. Br J Dermatol 2005;153:967-71.
52. Kimyai-Asadi A, Goldberg LH, Peterson SR, Silapint S, Jih MH. The incidence of major complications from Mohs micrographic surgery performed in office-based and hospital-based settings. J Am Acad Dermatol 2005;53:628-34.
53. Heal C, Buettner P, Browning S. Risk factors for wound infection after minor surgery in general practice. Med J Aust 2006;185:255-8.
54. Czarnecki D, Staples M, Mar A, Giles G, Meehan C. Metastases from squamous cell carcinoma of the skin in southern Australia. Dermatology 1994;189:52-4.
55. Barzilai G, Greenberg E, Cohen-Kerem R, Doweck I. Pattern of regional metastases from cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2005;132:852-6.
56. Essner R, Lee JH, Wanek LA, Itakura H, Morton DL. Contemporary surgical treatment of advanced-stage melanoma. Arch Surg 2004;139:961-6; discussion 966-7.
57. Chiu CY, Lin TY, Hsia SH, Lai SH, Wong KS. Systemic anaphylaxis following local lidocaine administration during a dental procedure. Pediatr Emerg Care 2004;20:178-80.
58. Coleman WP, Hanke CW, Glogau RG. Does the specialty of the physician affect fatality rates in liposuction? A comparison of specialty specific data. Dermatol Surg 2000;26:611-5.
59. Fisher M. Anaphylaxis to anaesthetic drugs. Novartis Found Symp 2004;257:193-202; discussion 202-10, 276-85.
60. Myburgh JA, Upton RN, Grant C, Martinez A. The effect of infusions of adrenaline, noradrenaline and dopamine on cerebral autoregulation under isoflurane anaesthesia in an ovine model. Anaesth Intensive Care 2003;31:259-66.
61. Donald MJ, Derbyshire S. Lignocaine toxicity; a complication of local anaesthesia administered in the community. Emerg Med J 2004;21:249-50.
62. Lowrie AG, Dabernig J, Watson SB. Operative techniques for the minimization of skin graft donor-site pain in flap surgery. Plast Reconstr Surg 2007;119:1393-4.
63. Ezsias A. Lignocaine and anaesthetic allergy. Br Dent J 1998;185:428.
64. Hardwick N, King CM. Contact allergy to lignocaine with cross-reaction to bupivacaine. Contact Dermatitis 1994;30:245-6.
65. Kernekamp AS, Van Ketel WG. Contact allergy to lidocaine (Xylocaine, Lignocaine). Contact Dermatitis 1979;5:403.
66. van Meurs T, van Doorn R, Kirtschig G. Recurrence of lentigo maligna after initial complete response to treatment with 5% imiquimod cream. Dermatol Surg 2007;33:623-6; discussion 626-7.
67. Hayes AJ, Thomas JM. Recurrence-free survival after sentinel node biopsy in melanoma? Br J Dermatol 2006;155:631-2.
68. Jabbour J, Cumming R, Scolyer RA, Hruby G, Thompson JF, Lee S. Merkel cell carcinoma: assessing the effect of wide local excision, lymph node dissection, and radiotherapy on recurrence and survival in early-stage disease--results from a review of 82 consecutive cases diagnosed between 1992 and 2004. Ann Surg Oncol 2007;14:1943-52.
69. Kelly JW, Sagebiel RW, Calderon W, Murillo L, Dakin RL, Blois MS. The frequency of local recurrence and microsatellites as a guide to reexcision margins for cutaneous malignant melanoma. Ann Surg 1984;200:759-63.
70. Zoutman D, Pearce P, McKenzie M, Taylor G. Surgical wound infections occurring in day surgery patients. Am J Infect Control 1990;18:277-82.
71. Futoryan T, Grande D. Postoperative wound infection rates in dermatologic surgery. Dermatol Surg 1995;21:509-14.
72. Chang A, Spencer JM, Kirsner RS. Squamous cell carcinoma arising from a nonhealing wound and osteomyelitis treated with Mohs micrographic surgery: a case study. Ostomy Wound Manage 1998;44:26-30.
73. Nicolaides AN, Harbourne T, Russell RC. Subcutaneous heparin, plasma heparin levels and postoperative wound haematoma. Br J Surg 1984;71:62-4.
74. Billingsley EM, Maloney ME. Intraoperative and postoperative bleeding problems in patients taking warfarin, aspirin, and nonsteroidal antiinflammatory agents. A prospective study. Dermatol Surg 1997;23:381-3; discussion 384-5.
75. Budny PG, Regan PJ, Roberts AH. The estimation of blood loss during burns surgery. Burns 1993;19:134-7.
76. Flatters SJ. Characterization of a model of persistent postoperative pain evoked by skin/muscle incision and retraction (SMIR). Pain 2007.
77. Czarnecki D, Meehan C, Nash C. Prevention of post-excisional wound infections: a comparison of oral cephalexin with topical mupirocin and topical cetrimide-chlorhexidine cream. Int J Dermatol 1992;31:359-60.
78. Raveh Tilleman T, Tilleman MM, Krekels GA, Neumann MH. Skin waste, vertex angle, and scar length in excisional biopsies: comparing five excision patterns--fusiform ellipse, fusiform circle, rhomboid, mosque, and S-shaped. Plast Reconstr Surg 2004;113:857-61.
79. Sadick NS, D'Amelio DL, Weinstein C. The modified buried vertical mattress suture. A new technique of buried absorbable wound closure associated with excellent cosmesis for wounds under tension. J Dermatol Surg Oncol 1994;20:735-9.
80. Van Winkle W, Jr., Hastings JC, Barker E, Hines D, Nichols W. Effect of suture materials on healing skin wounds. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1975;140:7-12.
81. Kroll SS, Goepfert H, Jones M, Guillamondegui O, Schusterman M. Analysis of complications in 168 pectoralis major myocutaneous flaps used for head and neck reconstruction. Ann Plast Surg 1990;25:93-7.
82. el Gamel A, Dyde J, Perks J, Shaw R. Should we stitch the subcutaneous fat layer following saphenous vein excision for coronary revascularization? Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 1994;8:162-4.
83. Menovsky T, Bartels RH, van Lindert EL, Grotenhuis JA. Skin closure in carpal tunnel surgery: a prospective comparative study between nylon, polyglactin 910 and stainless steel sutures. Hand Surg 2004;9:35-8.
84. Garland R, Frizelle FA, Dobbs BR, Singh H. A retrospective audit of long-term lower limb complications following leg vein harvesting for coronary artery bypass grafting. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2003;23:950-5.
85. Chang JK, Calligaro KD, Ryan S, Runyan D, Dougherty MJ, Stern JJ. Risk factors associated with infection of lower extremity revascularization: analysis of 365 procedures performed at a teaching hospital. Ann Vasc Surg 2003;17:91-6.
86. Penington AJ, Mallucci P. Closure of elective skin defects in the leg with a fasciocutaneous V-Y island flap. Br J Plast Surg 1999;52:458-61.
87. Moy RL, Lee A, Zalka A. Commonly used suturing techniques in skin surgery. Am Fam Physician 1991;44:1625-34.
88. Christenson LJ, Phillips PK, Weaver AL, Otley CC. Primary closure vs second-intention treatment of skin punch biopsy sites: a randomized trial. Arch Dermatol 2005;141:1093-9.
89. Leibovitch I, Huilgol SC, Hsuan JD, Selva D. Incidence of host site complications in periocular full thickness skin grafts. Br J Ophthalmol 2005;89:219-22.
90. Ito O, Igawa HH, Suzuki S, Muneuchi G, Kawazoe T, Saso Y, Onodera M, Park S, Hata Y. Evaluation of the donor site in patients who underwent reconstruction with a free radial forearm flap. J Reconstr Microsurg 2005;21:113-7.
91. Davies B, Guyuron B, Husami T. The role of lidocaine, epinephrine, and flap elevation in wound healing after chemical peel. Ann Plast Surg 1991;26:273-8.
92. Engrav LH, Garner WL, Tredget EE. Hypertrophic scar, wound contraction and hyper-hypopigmentation. J Burn Care Res 2007;28:593-7.
93. Lefaix JL, Delanian S, Vozenin MC, Leplat JJ, Tricaud Y, Martin M. Striking regression of subcutaneous fibrosis induced by high doses of gamma rays using a combination of pentoxifylline and alpha-tocopherol: an experimental study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1999;43:839-47.
94. Lockhart AS, Harle CC. Anaphylactic reactions due to chlorhexidine allergy. Br J Anaesth 2001;87:940-1; author reply 941.
95. Reinikka-Railo H, Kautiainen H, Alenius H, Kalkkinen N, Kulomaa M, Reunala T, Turjanmaa K. Latex allergy: the sum quantity of four major allergens shows the allergenic potential of medical gloves. Allergy 2007;62:781-6.
96. Kitchen N. Adhesive dressing allergy. Lancet 1988;2:111.
97. Ellis DA. Complication and correction of the pierced ear. J Otolaryngol 1976;5:247-50.
98. de Waard-van der Spek FB, Devillers AC, Oranje AP. Allergic contact dermatitis to sorbitan sesquioleate in Adaptic wound dressing. Contact Dermatitis 2007;57:54-6.
99. Singhal N, Kar S, Srinivas CR, Rao SG. Effect of allergic contact dermatitis on wound healing. Contact Dermatitis 1995;32:47-8.
100. Hayes AJ, Clark MA, Harries M, Thomas JM. Management of in-transit metastases from cutaneous malignant melanoma. Br J Surg 2004;91:673-82.
101. Thomas JM, Clark MA. Selective lymphadenectomy in sentinel node-positive patients may increase the risk of local/in-transit recurrence in malignant melanoma. Eur J Surg Oncol 2004;30:686-91.
102. Rubin P, Mykula R, Griffiths RW. Ectropion following excision of lower eyelid tumours and full thickness skin graft repair. Br J Plast Surg 2005;58:353-60.
103. Khurana VG, Mentis DH, O'Brien CJ, Hurst TL, Stevens GN, Packham NA. Parotid and neck metastases from cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Am J Surg 1995;170:446-50.
104. Williams LS, Mancuso AA, Mendenhall WM. Perineural spread of cutaneous squamous and basal cell carcinoma: CT and MR detection and its impact on patient management and prognosis. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2001;49:1061-9.
105. Radl V. [Damage of the accessory nerve during exploratory resection.]. Prakt Lek 1953;33:416.
106. Koshima I, Murashita T, Soeda S. Free vascularized deep peroneal neurocutaneous flap for repair of digital nerve defect involving severe finger damage. J Hand Surg [Am] 1991;16:227-9.
107. Singletary Y. More than skin deep. J Psychiatr Nurs Ment Health Serv 1977;15:7-13.
108. Waqar SH, Malik ZI, Razzaq A, Abdullah MT, Shaima A, Zahid MA. Frequency and risk factors for wound dehiscence/burst abdomen in midline laparotomies. J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 2005;17:70-3.
109. Doughty DB. Preventing and managing surgical wound dehiscence. Adv Skin Wound Care 2005;18:319-22.
110. Khan MN, Naqvi AH, Irshad K, Chaudhary AR. Frequency and risk factor of abdominal wound dehiscence. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 2004;14:355-7.
111. Campbell DP, Swenson O. Wound dehiscence in infants and children. J Pediatr Surg 1972;7:123-6.
112. Kovich O, Otley CC. Perioperative management of anticoagulants and platelet inhibitors for cutaneous surgery: a survey of current practice. Dermatol Surg 2002;28:513-7.
113. Alcalay J. Cutaneous surgery in patients receiving warfarin therapy. Dermatol Surg 2001;27:756-8.
114. Otley CC, Fewkes JL, Frank W, Olbricht SM. Complications of cutaneous surgery in patients who are taking warfarin, aspirin, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Arch Dermatol 1996;132:161-6.
115. Dhiwakar M, Khan NA, McClymont LG. Surgical resection of cutaneous head and neck lesions: does aspirin use increase hemorrhagic risk? Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2006;132:1237-41.
116. Bartlett GR. Does aspirin affect the outcome of minor cutaneous surgery? Br J Plast Surg 1999;52:214-6.
117. Kargi E, Babuccu O, Hosnuter M, Babuccu B, Altinyazar C. Complications of minor cutaneous surgery in patients under anticoagulant treatment. Aesthetic Plast Surg 2002;26:483-5.
118. Kirkorian AY, Moore BL, Siskind J, Marmur ES. Perioperative management of anticoagulant therapy during cutaneous surgery: 2005 survey of Mohs surgeons. Dermatol Surg 2007;33:1189-97.
119. Lewis KG, Dufresne RG, Jr. A meta-analysis of complications attributed to anticoagulation among patients following cutaneous surgery. Dermatol Surg 2008;34:160-4; discussion 164-5.
120. Haas AF, Grekin RC. Antibiotic prophylaxis in dermatologic surgery. J Am Acad Dermatol 1995;32:155-76; quiz 177-80.
121. Maragh SL, Otley CC, Roenigk RK, Phillips PK. Antibiotic prophylaxis in dermatologic surgery: updated guidelines. Dermatol Surg 2005;31:83-91.
122. Brown M, Johnson TM. Antibiotic prophylaxis in dermatologic surgery: updated guidelines. Counterpoint. Dermatol Surg 2005;31:91-3.
123. Eedy DJ, Breathnach SM, Walker NPJ. Surgical Dermatology. 1996:13 -134.
124. Smack DP, Harrington AC, Dunn C, Howard RS, Szkutnik AJ, Krivda SJ, Caldwell JB, James WD. Infection and allergy incidence in ambulatory surgery patients using white petrolatum vs bacitracin ointment. A randomized controlled trial. Jama 1996;276:972-7.
125. Rabb DC, Lesher JL, Jr. Antibiotic prophylaxis in cutaneous surgery. Dermatol Surg 1995;21:550-4.
126. Angelini GD, Butchart EG, Armistead SH, Breckenridge IM. Comparative study of leg wound skin closure in coronary artery bypass graft operations. Thorax 1984;39:942-5.
127. Eaglstein WH, Davis SC, Mehle AL, Mertz PM. Optimal use of an occlusive dressing to enhance healing. Effect of delayed application and early removal on wound healing. Arch Dermatol 1988;124:392-5.
128. Eaglstein WH. Occlusive dressings. J Dermatol Surg Oncol 1993;19:716-20.
129. Chelmow D, Huang E, Strohbehn K. Closure of the subcutaneous dead space and wound disruption after Cesarean delivery. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 2002;11:403-8.
130. Soisson AP, Olt G, Soper JT, Berchuck A, Rodriguez G, Clarke-Pearson DL. Prevention of superficial wound separation with subcutaneous retention sutures. Gynecol Oncol 1993;51:330-4.
131. Sticha RS, Swiriduk D, Wertheimer SJ. Prospective analysis of postoperative wound infections using an early exposure method of wound care. J Foot Ankle Surg 1998;37:286-91.
132. Mangram AJ, Horan TC, Pearson ML, Silver LC, Jarvis WR. Guideline for Prevention of Surgical Site Infection, 1999. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Hospital Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee. Am J Infect Control 1999;27:97-132; quiz 133-4; discussion 96.
133. McCampbell B, Wasif N, Rabbitts A, Staiano-Coico L, Yurt RW, Schwartz S. Diabetes and burns: retrospective cohort study. J Burn Care Rehabil 2002;23:157-66.
134. Kaplan AL, Cook JL. The incidences of chondritis and perichondritis associated with the surgical manipulation of auricular cartilage. Dermatol Surg 2004;30:58-62; discussion 62.
135. Murphy PG, Tadros E, Cross S, Hehir D, Burke PE, Kent P, Sheehan SJ, Colgan MP, Moore DJ, Shanik GD. Skin closure and the incidence of groin wound infection: a prospective study. Ann Vasc Surg 1995;9:480-2.
136. Bencini PL, Galimberti M, Signorini M, Crosti C. Antibiotic prophylaxis of wound infections in skin surgery. Arch Dermatol 1991;127:1357-60.
137. Mertz PM, Marshall DA, Eaglstein WH. Occlusive wound dressings to prevent bacterial invasion and wound infection. J Am Acad Dermatol 1985;12:662-8.
138. Gisby J, Bryant J. Efficacy of a new cream formulation of mupirocin: comparison with oral and topical agents in experimental skin infections. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2000;44:255-60.
139. Harrington G, Russo P, Spelman D, Borrell S, Watson K, Barr W, Martin R, Edmonds D, Cocks J, Greenbough J, Lowe J, Randle L, Castell J, Browne E, Bellis K, Aberline M. Surgical-site infection rates and risk factor analysis in coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2004;25:472-6.
140. Norazah A, Koh YT, Ghani Kamel A, Alias R, Lim VK. Mupirocin resistance among Malaysian isolates of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Int J Antimicrob Agents 2001;17:411-4.
141. Sebben JE. Prophylactic antibiotics in cutaneous surgery. J Dermatol Surg Oncol 1985;11:901-6.
142. Scheinfeld N, Struach S, Ross B. Antibiotic prophylaxis guideline awareness and antibiotic prophylaxis use among New York State dermatologic surgeons. Dermatol Surg 2002;28:841-4.
143. Hirschmann JV. Antimicrobial prophylaxis in dermatology. Semin Cutan Med Surg 2000;19:2-9.
144. Messingham MJ, Arpey CJ. Update on the use of antibiotics in cutaneous surgery. Dermatol Surg 2005;31:1068-78.
145. Affleck AG, Birnie AJ, Gee TM, Gee BC. Antibiotic prophylaxis in patients with valvular heart defects undergoing dermatological surgery remains a confusing issue despite apparently clear guidelines. Clin Exp Dermatol 2005;30:487-9.
146. Whitaker DC, Grande DJ, Johnson SS. Wound infection rate in dermatologic surgery. J Dermatol Surg Oncol 1988;14:525-8.
147. Savitz SI, Savitz MH, Goldstein HB, Mouracade CT, Malangone S. Topical irrigation with polymyxin and bacitracin for spinal surgery. Surg Neurol 1998;50:208-12.
148. Peled IJ, Dvir G, Berger J, Ramon I, Ullmann Y, Nachlieli T. Prophylactic antibiotics in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery. Aesthetic Plast Surg 2000;24:299-302.
149. Garner JS. CDC guideline for prevention of surgical wound infections, 1985. Supersedes guideline for prevention of surgical wound infections published in 1982. (Originally published in November 1985). Revised. Infect Control 1986;7:193-200.
150. Moy RL, Grossfeld JS, Baum M, Rivlin D, Eremia S. Reconstruction of the nose utilizing a bilobed flap. Int J Dermatol 1994;33:657-60.
151. Wasserberg N, Tulchinsky H, Schachter J, Feinmesser M, Gutman H. Sentinel-lymph-node biopsy (SLNB) for melanoma is not complication-free. Eur J Surg Oncol 2004;30:851-6.
152. Stamou SC, Maltezou HC, Psaltopoulou T, Tsaroucha A, Kaseta M, Skondras C, Asimacopoulos PJ, Kafetzis DA. Wound infections after minor limb lacerations: risk factors and the role of antimicrobial agents. J Trauma 1999;46:1078-81.
153. Schneid-Kofman N, Sheiner E, Levy A, Holcberg G. Risk factors for wound infection following cesarean deliveries. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2005;90:10-5.
154. Crabtree TD, Codd JE, Fraser VJ, Bailey MS, Olsen MA, Damiano RJ, Jr. Multivariate analysis of risk factors for deep and superficial sternal infection after coronary artery bypass grafting at a tertiary care medical center. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2004;16:53-61.
155. Schwartz SR, Yueh B, Maynard C, Daley J, Henderson W, Khuri SF. Predictors of wound complications after laryngectomy: A study of over 2000 patients. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2004;131:61-8.
156. Syahrizal AB, Kareem BA, Anbanadan S, Harwant S. Risk factors for infection in total knee replacement surgery at hospital Kuala Lumpur. Med J Malaysia 2001;56 Suppl D:5-8.
157. Christou NV, Jarand J, Sylvestre JL, McLean AP. Analysis of the incidence and risk factors for wound infections in open bariatric surgery. Obes Surg 2004;14:16-22.
158. Kamath S, Sinha S, Shaari E, Young D, Campbell AC. Role of topical antibiotics in hip surgery. A prospective randomised study. Injury 2005;36:783-7.
159. Olsen MA, Lock-Buckley P, Hopkins D, Polish LB, Sundt TM, Fraser VJ. The risk factors for deep and superficial chest surgical-site infections after coronary artery bypass graft surgery are different. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2002;124:136-45.
160. Otley CC, Olbricht SM. Effect of aspirin and nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug therapy on bleeding complications in dermatologic surgical patients. J Am Acad Dermatol 1995;33:692.
161. Czarnecki DB, Nash CG, Bohl TG. The use of mupirocin before skin surgery. Int J Dermatol 1991;30:218-9.
162. Kannon GA, Garrett AB. Moist wound healing with occlusive dressings. A clinical review. Dermatol Surg 1995;21:583-90.
163. Cho CY, Lo JS. Dressing the part. Dermatol Clin 1998;16:25-47.
164. Nemeth AJ, Eaglstein WH, Taylor JR, Peerson LJ, Falanga V. Faster healing and less pain in skin biopsy sites treated with an occlusive dressing. Arch Dermatol 1991;127:1679-83.
165. Eaglstein WH. Effect of occlusive dressings on wound healing. Clin Dermatol 1984;2:107-11.
166. Atiyeh BS, Amm CA, El Musa KA. Improved scar quality following primary and secondary healing of cutaneous wounds. Aesthetic Plast Surg 2003;27:411-7.
167. Eaglstein WH. Moist wound healing with occlusive dressings: a clinical focus. Dermatol Surg 2001;27:175-81.
168. Hutchinson JJ, Lawrence JC. Wound infection under occlusive dressings. J Hosp Infect 1991;17:83-94.
169. Marshall DA, Mertz PM, Eaglstein WH. Occlusive dressings. Does dressing type influence the growth of common bacterial pathogens? Arch Surg 1990;125:1136-9.
170. Spann CT, Tutrone WD, Weinberg JM, Scheinfeld N, Ross B. Topical antibacterial agents for wound care: a primer. Dermatol Surg 2003;29:620-6.
171. Corder AP, Schache DJ, Farquharson SM, Tristram S. Wound infection following high saphenous ligation. A trial comparing two skin closure techniques: subcuticular polyglycolic acid and interrupted monofilament nylon mattress sutures. J R Coll Surg Edinb 1991;36:100-2.
172. Watcher MA, Wheeland RG. The role of topical agents in the healing of full-thickness wounds. J Dermatol Surg Oncol 1989;15:1188-95.
173. Molan PC. The potential of honey to promote oral wellness. Gen Dent 2001;49:584-9.
174. Vitasa BC, Taylor HR, Strickland PT, Rosenthal FS, West S, Abbey H, Ng SK, Munoz B, Emmett EA. Association of nonmelanoma skin cancer and actinic keratosis with cumulative solar ultraviolet exposure in Maryland watermen. Cancer 1990;65:2811-7.
175. Villiger JW, Robertson WD, Kanji K, Ah Chan M, Fetherston J, Hague IK, Haycock D, Hunter P. A comparison of the new topical antibiotic mupirocin ('Bactroban') with oral antibiotics in the treatment of skin infections in general practice. Curr Med Res Opin 1986;10:339-45.
176. Perez-Roth E, Claverie-Martin F, Villar J, Mendez-Alvarez S. Multiplex PCR for simultaneous identification of Staphylococcus aureus and detection of methicillin and mupirocin resistance. J Clin Microbiol 2001;39:4037-41.
177. Cimochowski GE, Harostock MD, Brown R, Bernardi M, Alonzo N, Coyle K. Intranasal mupirocin reduces sternal wound infection after open heart surgery in diabetics and nondiabetics. Ann Thorac Surg 2001;71:1572-8; discussion 1578-9.
178. Semret M, Miller MA. Topical mupirocin for eradication of MRSA colonization with mupirocin-resistant strains. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2001;22:578-80.
179. Thomas DW, Hill CM, Lewis MA, Stephens P, Walker R, Von Der Weth A. Randomized clinical trial of the effect of semi-occlusive dressings on the microflora and clinical outcome of acute facial wounds. Wound Repair Regen 2000;8:258-63.
180. Eaglstein WH, Sullivan TP, Giordano PA, Miskin BM. A liquid adhesive bandage for the treatment of minor cuts and abrasions. Dermatol Surg 2002;28:263-7.
181. Harris B, Cai JP, Falanga V, Mertz P, Chin YH, Eaglstein W. The effects of occlusive dressings on the recruitment of mononuclear cells by endothelial binding into acute wounds. J Dermatol Surg Oncol 1992;18:279-83.
182. Heal C, Buettner P, Raasch B, Browning S, Graham D, Bidgood R, Campbell M, Cruikshank R. Can sutures get wet? Prospective randomised controlled trial of wound management in general practice. BMJ 2006;332:1053-6.
183. Hata M, Raman J, Matalanis G, Rosalion A, Storer M, Hare D, Buxton BF. Post harvest wound infection and patient's perception: comparative study between radial artery and saphenous vein harvest sites. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2002;8:97-101.
184. Harahap M. The modified bilateral advancement flap. Dermatol Surg 2001;27:463-6.
185. Wendt JR. Distal, dorsal superior extremity plasty. Plast Reconstr Surg 2000;106:210-3.
186. Achauer BM EE, Guyuron B, Coleman JJ, Russell RC, Vander Kolk CA. Plastic Surgery Indications. Mosby Inc., 2000.
187. Blair JW, Bainbridge LC, Knight SL. Double V-Y advancement flaps in the reconstruction of skin defects of the anterior lower limb. Br J Plast Surg 1993;46:644-6.
188. Zhang GL, Ge BF, Jing H. [Repair of soft tissue defect with combined skin flap]. Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 2000;14:17-9.
189. Pan Y, Wang H, Chai Y. [Coverage of the lower leg defects using the reversed island skin flap based on the nutrient vessels of the saphenous nerve]. Zhonghua Zheng Xing Shao Shang Wai Ke Za Zhi 1999;15:187-9.
190. Zitelli JA. The bilobed flap for nasal reconstruction. Arch Dermatol 1989;125:957-9.
191. Maruyama Y. Bilobed fasciocutaneous flap. Br J Plast Surg 1985;38:515-7.
192. Motley RJ, Holt PJ. The use of meshed advancement flaps in the treatment of lesions of the lower leg. J Dermatol Surg Oncol 1990;16:346-8.
193. Liu X, Kuang X. [The clinical application of cross-leg flaps for coverage of bone exposure on the leg]. Zhonghua Zheng Xing Wai Ke Za Zhi 2002;18:346-7.
194. Crowley RT, Nickel WO. Definitive treatment of decubitus ulcers in paraplegic patients by coverage with transposition bilobed flap grafts. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1955;100:468-72.
195. Karacalar A. Axial bilobed flap based on the median and medial superficial sural arteries: a case report. Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg 2001;35:207-10.
196. Georgeu GA, El-Muttardi N. The horn shaped fascio-cutaneous flap usage in cutaneous malignancy of the leg. Br J Plast Surg 2004;57:66-76.
197. Otley CC. Continuation of medically necessary aspirin and warfarin during cutaneous surgery. Mayo Clin Proc 2003;78:1392-6.
198. Alcalay J, Alkalay R. Controversies in perioperative management of blood thinners in dermatologic surgery: continue or discontinue? Dermatol Surg 2004;30:1091-4; discussion 1094.
199. Blasdale C, Lawrence CM. Perioperative international normalized ratio level is a poor predictor of postoperative bleeding complications in dermatological surgery patients taking warfarin. Br J Dermatol 2008;158:522-6.
200. Lawrence C. Drug management in skin surgery. Drugs 1996;52:805-17.
201. Stables G, Lawrence CM. Management of patients taking anticoagulant, aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and other anti-platelet drugs undergoing dermatological surgery. Clin Exp Dermatol 2002;27:432-5.
202. Lawrence C, Sakuntabhai A, Tiling-Grosse S. Effect of aspirin and nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug therapy on bleeding complications in dermatologic surgical patients. J Am Acad Dermatol 1994;31:988-92.
203. Alam M, Goldberg LH. Serious adverse vascular events associated with perioperative interruption of antiplatelet and anticoagulant therapy. Dermatol Surg 2002;28:992-8; discussion 998.
204. Kearon C, Hirsh J. Management of anticoagulation before and after elective surgery. N Engl J Med 1997;336:1506-11.
205. Ah-Weng A, Natarajan S, Velangi S, Langtry JA. Preoperative monitoring of warfarin in cutaneous surgery. Br J Dermatol 2003;149:386-9.
206. Goldsmith SM, Leshin B, Owen J. Management of patients taking anticoagulants and platelet inhibitors prior to dermatologic surgery. J Dermatol Surg Oncol 1993;19:578-81.
207. George EN, Simpson D, Thornton DJ, Brown TL, Griffiths RW. Re-evaluating selection criteria for local anaesthesia in day surgery. Br J Plast Surg 2004;57:446-9.
208. Schanbacher CF, Bennett RG. Postoperative stroke after stopping warfarin for cutaneous surgery. Dermatol Surg 2000;26:785-9.
209. Gainey SP, Robertson DM, Fay W, Ilstrup D. Ocular surgery on patients receiving long-term warfarin therapy. Am J Ophthalmol 1989;108:142-6.
210. Hall DL, Steen WH, Jr., Drummond JW, Byrd WA. Anticoagulants and cataract surgery. Ophthalmic Surg 1988;19:221-2.
211. Zanon E, Martinelli F, Bacci C, Cordioli G, Girolami A. Safety of dental extraction among consecutive patients on oral anticoagulant treatment managed using a specific dental management protocol. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 2003;14:27-30.
212. Parr NJ, Loh CS, Desmond AD. Transurethral resection of the prostate and bladder tumour without withdrawal of warfarin therapy. Br J Urol 1989;64:623-5.
213. Dietrich W, Dilthey G, Spannagl M, Richter JA. Warfarin pretreatment does not lead to increased bleeding tendency during cardiac surgery. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 1995;9:250-4.
214. Garcia DA, Regan S, Henault LE, Upadhyay A, Baker J, Othman M, Hylek EM. Risk of thromboembolism with short-term interruption of warfarin therapy. Arch Intern Med 2008;168:63-9.
215. Kornmesser HJ. [Haemorrhage and haemostasis in face, visceral cranium, neck and middle ear region (author's transl)]. Arch Otorhinolaryngol 1978;219:209-83.
216. Furnas DW. Complications of surgery of the external ear. Clin Plast Surg 1990;17:305-18.
217. Fortier J, Chung F, Su J. Unanticipated admission after ambulatory surgery--a prospective study. Can J Anaesth 1998;45:612-9.
218. Lang PG, Jr. The role of Mohs' micrographic surgery in the management of skin cancer and a perspective on the management of the surgical defect. Clin Plast Surg 2004;31:5-31.
219. Ganesan S, Prior AJ, Rubin JS. Unexpected overnight admissions following day-case surgery: an analysis of a dedicated ENT day care unit. Ann R Coll Surg Engl 2000;82:327-30.
220. West SW, Otley CC, Nguyen TH, Phillips PK, Roenigk RK, Byrd DR, Asp E, Weaver AL. Cutaneous surgeons cannot predict blood-thinner status by intraoperative visual inspection. Plast Reconstr Surg 2002;110:98-103.
221. Petit JY, Avril MF, Margulis A, Chassagne D, Gerbaulet A, Duvillard P, Auperin A, Rietjens M. Evaluation of cosmetic results of a randomized trial comparing surgery and radiotherapy in the treatment of basal cell carcinoma of the face. Plast Reconstr Surg 2000;105:2544-51.
222. Baumann LS, Spencer J. The effects of topical vitamin E on the cosmetic appearance of scars. Dermatol Surg 1999;25:311-5.
223. Vermeulen H, Ubbink D, Goossens A, de Vos R, Legemate D. Dressings and topical agents for surgical wounds healing by secondary intention. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2004:CD003554.
224. Bernard L, Doyle J, Friedlander SF, Eichenfield LF, Gibbs NF, Cunningham BB. A prospective comparison of octyl cyanoacrylate tissue adhesive (dermabond) and suture for the closure of excisional wounds in children and adolescents. Arch Dermatol 2001;137:1177-80.
225. Toriumi DM, O'Grady K, Desai D, Bagal A. Use of octyl-2-cyanoacrylate for skin closure in facial plastic surgery. Plast Reconstr Surg 1998;102:2209-19.
226. Gennari R, Rotmensz N, Ballardini B, Scevola S, Perego E, Zanini V, Costa A. A prospective, randomized, controlled clinical trial of tissue adhesive (2-octylcyanoacrylate) versus standard wound closure in breast surgery. Surgery 2004;136:593-9.
227. Matin SF. Prospective randomized trial of skin adhesive versus sutures for closure of 217 laparoscopic port-site incisions. J Am Coll Surg 2003;196:845-53.
228. Ong CC, Jacobsen AS, Joseph VT. Comparing wound closure using tissue glue versus subcuticular suture for pediatric surgical incisions: a prospective, randomised trial. Pediatr Surg Int 2002;18:553-5.
229. Khan RJ, Fick D, Yao F, Tang K, Hurworth M, Nivbrant B, Wood D. A comparison of three methods of wound closure following arthroplasty: a prospective, randomised, controlled trial. J Bone Joint Surg Br 2006;88:238-42.
230. Buchweitz O, Wulfing P, Kiesel L. A prospective randomized trial of closing laparoscopic trocar wounds by transcutaneous versus subcuticular suture or adhesive papertape. Surg Endosc 2005;19:148-51.
231. Chen HH, Tsai WS, Yeh CY, Wang JY, Tang R. Prospective study comparing wounds closed with tape with sutured wounds in colorectal surgery. Arch Surg 2001;136:801-3.
232. Coulthard P, Worthington H, Esposito M, Elst M, Waes OJ. Tissue adhesives for closure of surgical incisions. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2004:CD004287.
233. Holger JS, Wandersee SC, Hale DB. Cosmetic outcomes of facial lacerations repaired with tissue-adhesive, absorbable, and nonabsorbable sutures. Am J Emerg Med 2004;22:254-7.
234. Kuo F, Lee D, Rogers GS. Prospective, randomized, blinded study of a new wound closure film versus cutaneous suture for surgical wound closure. Dermatol Surg 2006;32:676-81.
235. Shamiyeh A, Schrenk P, Stelzer T, Wayand WU. Prospective randomized blind controlled trial comparing sutures, tape, and octylcyanoacrylate tissue adhesive for skin closure after phlebectomy. Dermatol Surg 2001;27:877-80.
236. Donovan RJ, Carter OB, Byrne MJ. People's perceptions of cancer survivability: implications for oncologists. Lancet Oncol 2006;7:668-75.
237. Leach J. Proper handling of soft tissue in the acute phase. Facial Plast Surg 2001;17:227-38.
238. Bialy TL, Whalen J, Veledar E, Lafreniere D, Spiro J, Chartier T, Chen SC. Mohs micrographic surgery vs traditional surgical excision: a cost comparison analysis. Arch Dermatol 2004;140:736-42.
239. Essers BA, Dirksen CD, Nieman FH, Smeets NW, Krekels GA, Prins MH, Neumann HA. Cost-effectiveness of Mohs Micrographic Surgery vs Surgical Excision for Basal Cell Carcinoma of the Face. Arch Dermatol 2006;142:187-94.
240. Anate M. Skin closure of laparotomy wounds: absorbable subcuticular sutures vs. non-absorbable interrupted sutures. West Afr J Med 1991;10:150-7.
241. Sakka SA, Graham K, Abdulah A. Skin closure in hip surgery: subcuticular versus transdermal. A prospective randomized study. Acta Orthop Belg 1995;61:331-6.
242. Shetty AA, Kumar VS, Morgan-Hough C, Georgeu GA, James KD, Nicholl JE. Comparing wound complication rates following closure of hip wounds with metallic skin staples or subcuticular vicryl suture: a prospective randomised trial. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 2004;12:191-3.
243. Dixon AJ. Multiple superficial basal cell carcinomata--topical imiquimod versus curette and cryotherapy. Aust Fam Physician 2005;34:49-52.
244. Dixon AJ, Hall RS. Managing skin cancer--23 golden rules. Aust Fam Physician 2005;34:669-71.
245. Dixon A. One lump or two? A case study of infiltrating BCC on the nose. Aust Fam Physician 2006;35:505-6.
246. Dixon A. Dysplastic melanocytic naevus syndrome. Aust Fam Physician 2006;35:601-2.
247. Dixon A. Skin cancer in patients with multiple health problems. Aust Fam Physician 2006;35:717-8.
248. Dixon A. Managing skin cancer below the knee. Aust Fam Physician 2006;35:785-6.
249. Dixon A. Melanoma with cutaneous melanoma secondaries. Aust Fam Physician 2006;35:871-2.
250. Dixon A. Micronodular basal cell carcinomas. Aust Fam Physician 2006;35:965-6.
251. Dixon A. Let's get back to basics in managing melanoma. BMJ 2008;336:1033.
252. Dixon A. High risk squamous cell carcinoma. Aust Fam Physician 2007;36:49-50.
253. Dixon A. Arc welding and the risk of cancer. Aust Fam Physician 2007;36:255-6.
254. Dixon A. Rare skin cancers in general practice. Aust Fam Physician 2007;36:141-3.
255. Dixon A. Managing bleeding complications in skin surgery. Aust Fam Physician 2007;36:435-6.
256. Dixon A. Treating actinic keratoses with imiquimod. Aust Fam Physician 2007;36:341-2.
257. Dixon A. Check Program. Aust Fam Physician 2007;36:583; discussion 583-4.
258. Dixon A. Melanoma management in 2007. Aust Fam Physician 2007;36:488-9.
259. Dixon A. The Multicenter Lymphadenectomy Trial Spells a Halt to Sentinel Node Biopsy. CML Dermatology 2006;11:1-5.
260. Neuhaus SJ, Clark MA, Thomas JM. Dr. Herbert Lumley Snow, MD, MRCS (1847-1930): the original champion of elective lymph node dissection in melanoma. Ann Surg Oncol 2004;11:875-8.
261. Morton DL, Wen DR, Wong JH, Economou JS, Cagle LA, Storm FK, Foshag LJ, Cochran AJ. Technical details of intraoperative lymphatic mapping for early stage melanoma. Arch Surg 1992;127:392-9.
262. Lens MB, Dawes M, Newton-Bishop JA, Goodacre T. Tumour thickness as a predictor of occult lymph node metastases in patients with stage I and II melanoma undergoing sentinel lymph node biopsy. Br J Surg 2002;89:1223-7.
263. Leong WL, Ghazarian DM, McCready DR. Previous wide local excision of primary melanoma is not a contraindication for sentinel lymph node biopsy of the trunk and extremity. J Surg Oncol 2003;82:143-6.
264. Evans HL, Krag DN, Teates CD, Patterson JW, Meijer S, Harlow SP, Tanabe KK, Loggie BW, Whitworth PW, Kusminsky RE, Carp NZ, Gadd MA, Slingluff CL, Jr. Lymphoscintigraphy and sentinel node biopsy accurately stage melanoma in patients presenting after wide local excision. Ann Surg Oncol 2003;10:416-25.
265. Kretschmer L, Hilgers R, Mohrle M, Balda BR, Breuninger H, Konz B, Kunte C, Marsch WC, Neumann C, Starz H. Patients with lymphatic metastasis of cutaneous malignant melanoma benefit from sentinel lymphonodectomy and early excision of their nodal disease. Eur J Cancer 2004;40:212-8.
266. Vuylsteke RJ, Borgstein PJ, van Leeuwen PA, Gietema HA, Molenkamp BG, Muller MG, van Diest PJ, van der Sijp JR, Meijer S. Sentinel lymph node tumor load: an independent predictor of additional lymph node involvement and survival in melanoma. Ann Surg Oncol 2005;12:440-8.
267. Giblin AV, Hayes AJ, Thomas JM. The significance of melanoma micrometastases in the sentinel lymph node. Eur J Surg Oncol 2005;31:1103-4.
268. Starz H, Siedlecki K, Balda BR. Sentinel lymphonodectomy and s-classification: a successful strategy for better prediction and improvement of outcome of melanoma. Ann Surg Oncol 2004;11:162S-8S.
269. Spanknebel K, Coit DG, Bieligk SC, Gonen M, Rosai J, Klimstra DS. Characterization of micrometastatic disease in melanoma sentinel lymph nodes by enhanced pathology: recommendations for standardizing pathologic analysis. Am J Surg Pathol 2005;29:305-17.
270. Cochran AJ, Roberts A, Wen DR, Huang RR, Itakura E, Luo F, Binder SW. Update on lymphatic mapping and sentinel node biopsy in the management of patients with melanocytic tumours. Pathology 2004;36:478-84.
271. Morton DL, Cochran AJ, Thompson JF, Elashoff R, Essner R, Glass EC, Mozzillo N, Nieweg OE, Roses DF, Hoekstra HJ, Karakousis CP, Reintgen DS, Coventry BJ, Wang HJ. Sentinel node biopsy for early-stage melanoma: accuracy and morbidity in MSLT-I, an international multicenter trial. Ann Surg 2005;242:302-11; discussion 311-3.
272. de Wilt JH, Thompson JF, Uren RF, Ka VS, Scolyer RA, McCarthy WH, O'Brien CJ, Quinn MJ, Shannon KF. Correlation between preoperative lymphoscintigraphy and metastatic nodal disease sites in 362 patients with cutaneous melanomas of the head and neck. Ann Surg 2004;239:544-52.
273. Mohrle M, Schippert W, Rassner G, Garbe C, Breuninger H. Is sentinel lymph node biopsy of therapeutic relevance for melanoma? Dermatology 2004;209:5-13.
274. Gershenwald JE, Thompson W, Mansfield PF, Lee JE, Colome MI, Tseng CH, Lee JJ, Balch CM, Reintgen DS, Ross MI. Multi-institutional melanoma lymphatic mapping experience: the prognostic value of sentinel lymph node status in 612 stage I or II melanoma patients. J Clin Oncol 1999;17:976-83.
275. Roka F, Kittler H, Cauzig P, Hoeller C, Hinterhuber G, Wolff K, Pehamberger H, Diem E. Sentinel node status in melanoma patients is not predicitive for overall survival upon multivariate analysis. Br J Cancer 2005;92:662-7.
276. Thomas JM, Newton-Bishop J, A'Hern R, Coombes G, Timmons M, Evans J, Cook M, Theaker J, Fallowfield M, O'Neill T, Ruka W, Bliss JM. Excision margins in high-risk malignant melanoma. N Engl J Med 2004;350:757-66.
277. Pawlik TM, Ross MI, Johnson MM, Schacherer CW, McClain DM, Mansfield PF, Lee JE, Cormier JN, Gershenwald JE. Predictors and natural history of in-transit melanoma after sentinel lymphadenectomy. Ann Surg Oncol 2005;12:587-96.
278. van Poll D, Thompson JF, Colman MH, McKinnon JG, Saw RP, Stretch JR, Scolyer RA, Uren RF. A sentinel node biopsy does not increase the incidence of in-transit metastasis in patients with primary cutaneous melanoma. Ann Surg Oncol 2005;12:597-608.
279. Kretschmer L, Beckmann I, Thoms KM, Haenssle H, Bertsch HP, Neumann C. Sentinel lymphonodectomy does not increase the risk of loco-regional cutaneous metastases of malignant melanomas. Eur J Cancer 2005;41:531-8.
280. Rivers JK. Is there more than one road to melanoma? Lancet 2004;363:728-30.
281. Medalie N, Ackerman AB. Sentinel node biopsy has no benefit for patients whose primary cutaneous melanoma has metastasized to a lymph node and therefore should be abandoned now. Br J Dermatol 2004;151:298-307.
282. Dixon AJ, Dixon BF. Ultraviolet radiation from welding and possible risk of skin and ocular malignancy. Med J Aust 2004;181:155-7.
283. Horneck G. Quantification of biologically effective environmental UV irradiance. Adv Space Res 2000;26:1983-94.
284. Ultraviolet radiation. World Health Forum 1995;16:110.
285. Merryman JI. Effects of ultraviolet C radiation on cellular proliferation in p53-/- keratinocytes. J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol 1999;18:1-9.
286. Ewing MR. The significance of a single injury in the causation of basal-cell carcinoma of the skin. Aust N Z J Surg 1971;41:140-7.
287. Emmett EA, Buncher CR, Suskind RB, Rowe KW, Jr. Skin and eye diseases among arc welders those exposed to welding operations. J Occup Med 1981;23:85-90.
288. Kelly JW, Yeatman JM, Regalia C, Mason G, Henham AP. A high incidence of melanoma found in patients with multiple dysplastic naevi by photographic surveillance. Med J Aust 1997;167:191-4.
289. Tenkate TD. Optical radiation hazards of welding arcs. Rev Environ Health 1998;13:131-46.
290. Tenkate TD. Occupational exposure to ultraviolet radiation: a health risk assessment. Rev Environ Health 1999;14:187-209.
291. Lyon T. Knowing the dangers of actinic ultraviolet emissions. Welding Journal 2002;81:28-30.
292. Currie CL, Monk BE. Welding and non-melanoma skin cancer. Clin Exp Dermatol 2000;25:28-9.
293. Holly EA, Aston DA, Ahn DK, Smith AH. Intraocular melanoma linked to occupations and chemical exposures. Epidemiology 1996;7:55-61.
294. Guenel P, Laforest L, Cyr D, Fevotte J, Sabroe S, Dufour C, Lutz JM, Lynge E. Occupational risk factors, ultraviolet radiation, and ocular melanoma: a case-control study in France. Cancer Causes Control 2001;12:451-9.
295. Pane AR, Hirst LW. Ultraviolet light exposure as a risk factor for ocular melanoma in Queensland, Australia. Ophthalmic Epidemiol 2000;7:159-67.
296. Vajdic CM, Kricker A, Giblin M, McKenzie J, Aitken J, Giles GG, Armstrong BK. Sun exposure predicts risk of ocular melanoma in Australia. Int J Cancer 2002;101:175-82.
297. Okuno T, Ojima J, Saito H. Ultraviolet radiation emitted by CO(2) arc welding. Ann Occup Hyg 2001;45:597-601.
298. Welding Handbook 8th Edition - Volume 2, Welding Processes. American Welding Society 1991;2.
299. Kelly JW, Henderson MA, Thursfield VJ, Slavin J, Ainslie J, Giles GG. The management of primary cutaneous melanoma in Victoria in 1996 and 2000. Med J Aust 2007;187:511-4.
300. Morton DL, Thompson JF, Cochran AJ, Mozzillo N, Elashoff R, Essner R, Nieweg OE, Roses DF, Hoekstra HJ, Karakousis CP, Reintgen DS, Coventry BJ, Glass EC, Wang HJ. Sentinel-node biopsy or nodal observation in melanoma. N Engl J Med 2006;355:1307-17.
301. Wilkinson D, Bourne P, Dixon A, Kitchener S. Skin cancer medicine in primary care: towards an agenda for quality health outcomes. Med J Aust 2006;184:11-2.
302. Wilkinson D, Askew DA, Dixon A. Skin cancer clinics in Australia: workload profile and performance indicators from an analysis of billing data. Med J Aust 2006;184:162-4.
303. Connelly T, Dixon A. Surgical pearl: Use of digital Vernier calipers for measurement of lesional and excisional dimensions. J Am Acad Dermatol 2007;56:146.
304. Dixon AJ, Dixon MP, Dixon JB. Randomized clinical trial of the effect of applying ointment to surgical wounds before occlusive dressing. Br J Surg 2006.