Skincanceronly medical practice is based in Geelong, Victoria, Australia. We ONLY accept new patients who are referred with proven or suspected skin cancer.
EDUCATION FOR DOCTORS & NURSES
Progress through the ACCO integrated programs in post graduate skin cancer management. Workshops and certifications at every level.
OUR MEDICAL PRACTICE
We are dedicated to the surgical management of head and neck skin cancers & melanoma. A referral is required.
This is NOT a skin check clinic or "skin cancer clinic". Professor Anthony Dixon manages melanoma and complex skin cancer either in the Skincanceronly dedicated surgical facility or at Geelong Private Hospital. Professor Dixon completed his PhD in 2008. His thesis pertained to complications and outcomes of skin cancer surgery. "No other practitioner in Australia has focussed in such a scientific manner on the relevant issues of skin cancer treatment than the candidate" Such is an independent review of Prof. Dixon's research leading to PhD. Read more
1) In October 2012 Dr. Anthony Dixon was awarded and presented with the title of Honorary Professor at the American College of Osteopathic Dermatology (AOCD). The award was presented to Dr. Dixon by AOCD President Dr. Brad Glick (centre) and Dr. Lloyd Cleaver (right).
2) In October 2012 Professor Dixon was awarded the degree of membership of the AOCD in San Diego, USA and was presented with a plaque to commemorate the award.
3) In August 2009 Professor Dixon was honoured by the Australasian College of Skin Cancer Medicine by being awarded the inaugural College life membership. This award was presented to Anthony in recognition of his contributions to skin cancer research & management in Australia and overseas as well as his contributions to College.
4) In October 2010 Dr. Dixon received a presidential citation at the annual conference of the AOCD in San Francisco. The honour was "In Grateful Appreciation For Your Outstanding Support And Dedicated Commitment To The American Osteopathic College of Dermatology, - Marc Epstein, President".
5) In November 2010 Prof. Dixon was awarded a life time honorary membership of the Florida Society for Dermatologic Surgery in Orlando, USA. Anthony was the international keynote lecturer at their 2010 Annual meeting. Pictured is Prof. Dixon receiving award from President Dr. Keyvan Nouri (right) and Dr. Terrance Cronin Snr (centre).
EDUCATION & RESEARCH
Apart from his surgical practice, Professor Dixon is involved in education and research throughout Australia and overseas. He has published original research in leading international journals such as British Journal of Surgery (2 studies), Dermatologic Surgery (5 studies), Journal American Academy of Dermatology, British Journal of Dermatology, British Medical Journal, Journal of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery and Medical Journal of Australia. Professor Dixon and Skincanceronly adhere to the "without fear or favour" principle regarding education content in skin cancer management. Our education content will not altered or subdued due to coercion by entities with a commercial interest in skin cancer management.
66 Roslyn Rd, Belmont, 3216, Victoria, Australia
ph ( 61) 03 5244 5100 fax ( 61) 03 5243 4323
Office hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM weekdays
Professor Dixon manages skin cancer only